Extra Sanitizing Procedures
AllenEYE.com is diligent in following all the CDC and other health authority protocol for the COVID-19 virus. We are committed to making our office a safe environment for our patients.
Here are some detailed measures we are taking to give our patients peace of mind:
- Sterilized pens are used at the front desk.
- Techs use hand sanitizer before they start the pre–testing.
- Techs wash hands for 20 seconds in front of the patient in the exam room before they clean the instruments.
- Techs clean the exam room chair arms in–between each patient.
- We are limiting the number of people in any exam room to 4 to exceed social distancing guidelines.
- No handshaking.
- The doctors are wearing a mask when they use the silt lamp and gloves if they need to touch the patient.
- Opticians have clean patient pens.
- Optician clean hands between each patient they help.
- Opticians collect glasses their patients have touched and clean with alcohol before they put them back on the board. They also sanitize their area in-between each patient.
- No browsing in the frame room without an optician to ensure frames stay sterilized on the board.
- We have taken some chairs out of the waiting room to create social distancing.
- We are cleaning the waiting room, doorknobs, counters, and bathrooms three times a day.
- Our staff washes their hands and/or uses hand sanitizer often.
- We have discontinued Lipiscan and Lipiflow due to the close contact with the patient’s eyes.
- Twice a week, we have a professional janitor service come in and clean using a Clorox Quaternary hospital grade disinfectant cleaner for all surfaces and floors. After cleaning of an area is complete, they use an aerosol spray known as Clorox 4n1 disinfectant and deodorizer to dust/mist over chairs, computer keyboards, doorknobs/handles, walls and other non-wipeable surfaces allowing them to be sanitized as well. This aerosol is listed on the short list of ACC’s (American Chemistry Council) list of effective chemicals against coronavirus. All of their staff wear Nitrile gloves at all times during cleaning and are careful to not cross contaminate. They wash their hands often and use hand sanitizer in between washings.
- We are re-scheduling all patients who feel ill or have been out of the country.